Quickly and easily swap between themes. Adds a theme switcher to the WordPress Admin Bar with all parent/child themes, filtering and favorites list. Compatible with WordPress 4+
Performs transparent theme switch by redirecting to the initial URL on both the frontend and in the dashboard.
- Navigate to Plugins in your dashboard and click the Add New button.
- Type in “Cryout ThemeSwitch” in the search box on the right and press Enter, then click the Install button next to the plugin title.
- After installation Activate the plugin, and the quick switcher will appear in the admin bar.
cryout-themeswichfolder to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress and the quick switcher will appear in the admin bar.
Contributors & Developers
“Cryout Theme Switch” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Fixed network-enabled themes detection on Multisite installs
- Fixed jQuery deprecation warnings with WordPres 5.6
- Fixed child theme vertical alignment in favorites list
- Bumped supported WordPress version to 5.6
- Added visual indicators for child themes in favorites list
- Added parent theme slug indicator for child themes
- Added activation check for roles capable of switching themes only
- Improved themes list sorting
- Fixed saving favorites list fails with WordPress 5.3
- Fixed notice of undefined index ‘path’ sometimes being displayed on frontend on theme switch
- Added configurable favorite themes admin submenu list (and settings page)
- Added extra information for identically named themes
- Improved active theme emphasis
- Improved theme search autofocus
- Fixed themes with identical names all being indicated as active when one is
- Fixed redirection with subfolder installs
- Added redirect to source page when switching themes
- Fixed pressing Enter on the theme filter input submitting ghost form
- Added scrollbar when the themes list is too long to fit the screen
- Added switch menu on the frontend visible admin bar as well
- Added accessibility support
- Initial release.
- Loosely based on Matty’s Theme QuickSwitch plugin